Tuesday, August 01, 2006

7_29_2006

7_29_2006

We are leaving today.
Rained this morning and we had a wonderful time.
Our dinner on Thursday was phenomenal, and I can say
that it was one of the best nights I’ve had with her.
She is amazing and I love her.
It will be different tonight, back in the AC,
with neighbors and cars and sirens, not the beautiful ones
that lure you from the boat into the consuming waters,
but the sirens of people in trouble; maybe that’s why we call
them sirens to begin with.
It has been a pleasure writing again, and it is as though the simple
stir in me is the simplest of stirrings to agitate the fermentation
process. I missed yesterday, but that’s ok. I know that, for
the purpose of only keeping my voice at a whisper, I still
breath the words that stir in me.
It is amazing to think that whole families have come through this place—
entire generations. Perhaps first the Cherokee, but that’s an arrogant guess
because I really don’t quite know if the Cherokee lived in this region or no.
But white families have certainly been through here,
and there seems a peace in this land that is still quite real; as
if this place were smitten with a bit of stardust and from its ashes
bloomed this sanctuary. We are blessed to be here; even now whilethe bombs fall so far away in a land that engages in thick dialects and throaty tongues.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home