Sunday, July 23, 2006

Hobby Farm: Day 1

Dirk, Kinsford and Breaca are fed, watered, out of their cages and happy.
Kirby, Dominoe and the goats ('cause I know no names but Gernomino), are fed and happy.
Had Crazy Spider web his way up my shirt and I spilled Corona Extra in the dark,
half-over and down onto the ground. Washed bad beer away with dog water.
Girl gave me wrong directions; met a chode on the road who wouldn't let me pass...wanted to kick his ass but passssssssed on that, so I passed him furiously in my four banger.
Froot Loops, beef sticks, cheese curds and beer was dinner.
Much Ninja Gaiden was had.
Hot tub under a sugar bowl of stars until 3 AM.
* * *
This morning,
Dogs barked at deer 7:30 AM, thought the house was burning down.
Damn, then I had three dogs back in bed and it's a little bed. I enjoyed it for a while.
Neighbor kids stopped by; one of 'em reminds me of Gary, old stomping grounds friend. The Gary-looking neighbor kid looked like some man-eating insect had taken bites right out of his legs and ankles. He wore heavy cotton moccasins, like what you wear in winter; only now it's 90 degrees. Gary-looking neighbor kid has a brother--at least I believed he was brother--who has a mental impediment. It's not downs, but his tongue is thick and his attention moves mobily from object to object; from caribeaner clip to Hot Wheels cars. They are older in their teens, or so it seems, and Gary-looking neighbor kid told me stories, after he'd seem my smokes on the counter, that he chewed tobacco and that Red Man was good and I mentioned that I liked Beach Nutt (two "t's"?) and he told me of his uncle who had him put a huge pinch (not a chaw) of Copenhagen in his lip and then smacked him on the back and down went the juices well on their way to an upset stomach. I hadn't even had my coffee yet.
venison on the grill, two eggs sunny in the kick'nest skillet, and two red potatoes fried in a pan washed down with Cornoa was lunch.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home